VALIZ Le Prix de Sophia
Sophia Invitation 2016/2018
Poetry can be dangerous, especially beautiful poetry, because it gives the illusion of having had the experience without actually going through it. ― RUMI
In the hopes of advocating and preserving keen observations of one’s conscious journey, VALIZ Magazine & VAIN Media Intel. publishes exceptional, exciting, and original material from established and emerging francophone writers in Malaysia, and around the world.
We accept submissions year-round.
NotaBene — Submission Guidelines:
- Email us your interest first foremost, to pr at domain.
- Send original, unpublished material in poetry, including translation (into English or French).
- We do not consider work that has appeared on the Internet unless it has only been posted to writers’ forums for discussion.
- Include a cover letter with a one A4 page biography and publications list.
- Specify the genre of your submission in the cover letter. Please include the number of poems.
- If you have submitted your work to another magazine for consideration, please let us know in the cover letter.
- We will reply to submissions via email. Along with your submission, please provide complete contact information.
- Manuscripts must be typed and single-spaced on A4-sized paper or typed neatly in Georgia typeface body in 14pt, in either Word or Pages. Include all poems in one document. We prefer a PdF for submissions of poetry, but will also accept a Pages or Word document.
- Send only one submission at a time — maximum six poems per submission. Please send only one submission per six-month period.
- Translations are sought in all genres and must be undertaken with the permission of the original author. Wherever possible, include a copy of the original work. We are a Bilingual publication, and accept translations of works into English & French.
- Contributors will receive a byline and contributor’s page, in which their work appears.
- The editorial awards the Biennial Le Prix de Sophia to an outstanding poetry contributor. * The Biennial Sophia Prize will be announced.